SOLVED ZFS dataset problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

I am somewhat a newb to ZFS, but I understand the basics and have successfully set up and used pools before. I decided to start using FreeNass 9.2 instead of that other NAS solution, and so far I like it much better! I have wiped my drives then setup a fresh ZFS mirror with 2-2TB NAS hard drives. I then setup my smb/cifs shares for windows, added my different folders and named my folder with all my video and music as Media directly under my pool labeled Storage. All files well, the shares worked flawlessly then comes the late-night, sleepy mistake I made!!

I decided to setup some datasets because I had forgotten to do that step before. I setup one no problem, then unthinkingly made another with the exact same name as my Media folder under my Storage pool. Well now my Media folder shows as empty and I cannot access the files, yet in my disk status area it still shows the same amount of space being used as it was before. I really, really need to be able to salvage the 1.3tb of media I have because 2 days ago my backup copy drive failed! The music collection on there has rare albums from techno shows and things you can't just buy online or download again, it has so many memories of friends that passed in that music collection that the thought of losing it almost brings me to tears. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

( I tried to search and see if this has been discussed before but apparently I am unable to figure out the right way to word it or there is no thread)

PROBLEM SOLVED. A longer search with less words and through digging found a thread that helped me out.

naa41

Dabbler
How do you change prefix topic to SOLVED. Please let me know. Is this action can be done only by admin?

Status
Not open for further replies.