ZFS crashed during resilver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a ZFS pool of 6 1.5 tb drives (well, 4 1.5 tb and 2 2 tb drives acting as 1.5 tbs), running FreeNAS 9.2 (upgraded from 9.1 as was the pool). It was working fine, then a drive started erroring. I replaced it, and it was resilvering, about 50% through, but then started rebooting mid-resilver.

It dumps a bunch of random text to the screen, too fast to read. Apparently debug info. I can mount it with zpool import -f -o readonly=on from a FreeBSD LiveUSB, and see my data. If I try to mount without the -o readonly=on, FreeBSD says there's a feature it can't use.

If I try from a fresh FreeNAS, I get the same thing. If I import from the FreeNAS gui on a fresh install, it boots, then reboots when I import the pool.

This is the error the original FreeNAS gives me when I boot: http://imgur.com/eOyWKoM

Any ideas on how I can resume the resilver? Or am I out of luck with getting this working, and I'd have to get the data off of it, and remake the ZFS. I'm also suspecting it's a hardware fault, so I may just have to get a new build for it.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
System specs please?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Have you tried a RAM test? memtest.org for 3 passes can validate your RAM.

Have you tried a RAM test? memtest.org for 3 passes can validate your RAM.
Not sure if you saw my reply, but I'm up to pass 27 now, still no errors. I left it running, because I figured why not. Any suggestions as to what to do now? It was suggested that my ZFS Cache may be corrupted, but I tried -R which afaik clears it, but that didn't work.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
My only suggestion is to mount it read-only and copy your data to a new pool.

It's possible that you suffered some kind of latent corruption from using non-ECC RAM. But proving definitively the cause for your troubles is pretty much impossible at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.