Xubuntu VM stops accepting mouse clicks.

mwjster

Cadet
I have tried reinstalling FREENAS and the VM itself. No matter what I do eventually the virtual machine stops letting my click on things. It works for a while and then eventually it just stops. I can still move the mouse cursor. I have verified by logging into the VM from 2 locations (web browser and realVNC client from another PC) I can still see the mouse move on both pcs when i move it, so it accepts input (Not stuck in view only mode) I just can not click on anything. I have left programs running and they are still updating on the machine so the machine is not locked up.
I have tried installing another remote app (Teamviewer) and when the mouse stops working on vnc is also stops on teamviewer. If I disable VNC on the machine and just use Teamviewer the VM will not boot.
I have read every website I can find related to this issue (Maybe I am not wording it correctly in the search engine) and have tried everything suggested.
Changing the CPUs to 1 or 3 CPUS
switching the HDD and NIC to Virto.
I do not use a touch screen
I am able to SSH into the machine after the mouse stops working.

No errors show in the browser console. I have tried Firefox and Chrome. I am at my wits end with this. Its annoying that everytime i have to work on the machine I have to restart it. It almost defeats the purpose I use it for. Can anyone please help.

mwjster

Cadet
Nevermind, I solved this by installing Ubuntu server 20.04 in a new VM and then installing XFCE4 and tightvnc server, configuring tightvnc for headless and then removing bhyve from the VM completely. So far so good.