Losing mouse control after few seconds in bhyve Ubuntu VM VNC

Jawbone

Cadet
Hi, newish to FreeNAS but loving it so far, just got my first VM up and running on my box which is FreeNAS 11.3 u2. Installed Ubuntu 18.04.4 and it all seems to work great, but after a few seconds to one minute or so, I lose the ability to control my mouse through the built-in VNC (which I think is bhyve?) - I can still control the keyboard and therefore log in with my user/pw which works. Can't do much beyond that as I don't know how to access cmd line, nor can I control mouse. I can restart the VM and it will work again, but then stop every time. I can still see the mouse cursor, and then my VNC mouse cursor (the x) and at first they keep up with one another, then the ubuntu mouse cursor just stops. Sorry to ramble a bit.

I can't seem to connect a 3rd party VNC viewer (have tried both RealVNC and TightVNC) as they report connect ended unexpectedly and no connection parameters, respectively. I am guessing this is a security issue, unsure how to fix this as well.

I have observed a couple threads on 11.3 issues with Ubuntu and VM's in general as seen below, although they aren't exactly my issue either...

Could this be contributing to my issue?

Any help to either of these issues (mouse, or 3rd party VNC connection) would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Jawbone

Cadet
Also noteworthy, I didn't lose mouse control once during the initial installation/setup on the GUI side of things.

Jawbone

Cadet
Holy shit this is exact! Thank you so much! I will try rebuilding with 1 virtual CPU and see if that fixes my issue. I have selected 2 for three of my linux VMs so far but ubuntu is the only one not working.

No need to rebuild I think. You can just change the number of cores through the UI.