XMRig and poweredge 2950

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intruder11

Dabbler
I th No I have the XMRig setup although I can’t see on t
Where I am mining. My question is I have 2 dual core @3.00ghz what should my processor settings be for this. According to XMRig I ams only doing 78.30 max hash. Help please

kdragon75

Wizard
If your using a Poweredge 2950 I guarantee it will cost more in power then you make mining monero coins. The server is ancient and slow even at 3.0ghz

Intruder11

Dabbler
I know but that is what my nas is on since it’s idle 99% of the time I set it up just so I get something back because it runs 24/7 that’s why I want to optimize the cpu’s to get a little return on a nas I just store files on.

kdragon75

Wizard
Depending on your power costs, you would save money buying a Dell R710 or similar just by using less power with more efficient CPUs and RAM. Also keep in mind that if you run your CPU 100% it will use even more power. Crypto mining to offset power costs probably will never save you anything especially on hardware that old.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
He will figure it out when he gets his first electric bill after he starts mining. ;)

kdragon75

Wizard
Lets work with some real numbers, What CPUs do you have and how much power does your server draw?

Status
Not open for further replies.