Xeon Server Home Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

76Dragoncuk

Dabbler
Hi So I asked this question before, based in the UK... but after some research and queries on here and on other forums I have a new look.

Server- Xeon: Plex, Torrent, Sickbeard, couchpotato etc (may look to use pi to do part- not sure)

htpc player (Intel Nuc) to handle all 4k play back. So from my understanding will handle the transcoding and leave the server to just stream the content.

Raspberry Pi ad Odroid C2 for retro gaming, ROMs stored on Server

Looking at IPTV and TV turner and DVR- stuck on if this should be separate to server or included, as I would like the ability for the htpc units to access the TV channels etc Plex? more research may be needed here...

With my XBox, Im looking at a drive on the server to be storage for game installs so that I have all the space.

None of the setup will use wifi, all wired, and looking at cat7 to Livingroom, kitchen, 3x bedrooms, atic room, and at the end of the garden the games room

So query with the above, best xeon build for this... I already have an idea from htpc units, but any other recommendations for 4k play back that does not need the server to transcode, please advise.

Is part 3 possible from above. if so recommend please

Status
Not open for further replies.