Xenforo Search Function Improved

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Hey Everyone!

In an effort to improve the xenforo search function even more we've integrated Google Custom Search into the Xenforo search tool. You can now get results from both searches side by side. You'll notice the box has moved up a bit and should now just say "Search..." in it. We're aware of an issue that is causing the word "Search..." to not be displayed properly and that should be fixed shortly. This also integrates Google Custom Search globally across all templates. Go ahead and give it a shot and let us know if you see any issues.

Thanks!

gpsguy

I don't know how long one needs to wait for it the Google results, but I tried several searches and all I see after several minutes is "Loading Search Results". I tried several single keywords or a couple of works like "joeschmuck esxi" (without quotes). If I open another tab and search it directly in Google, the results are quick.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
That's strange. It's loading results super quick for me here. Are you running any third party programs or plugins in your browser, or anything strange that could be interfering with the way the results are embedded? It's super snappy for me. Is anyone else getting this behavior?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Using NoScript or some other Javascript blocker?

gpsguy

Apparently Ghostery's "Google AJAX Search API" was the culprit. Thanks.

Are you running any third party programs or plugins in your browser, or anything strange that could be interfering with the way the results are embedded?

Status
Not open for further replies.