Wrong permissions when creating directory in CIFS share

Status
Not open for further replies.

rendagar

Cadet
Hi,

I'm having some strange permission issues while accessing freenas using Fedora Linux. I've been messing with the system quite some time now and I've not been able to solve the problem. What happens is the following. I have mounted the CIFS share using

sudo mount -t cifs //1.2.3.4/freeNAS ~/NAS

Reading and writing files to the share is fine. However when I create a directory the permissions are set to drwxrwxr-x preventing me from further creating directories higher up. To try and solve this I tried setting all permissions to rwx for everybody so I was expecting to see drwxrwxrwx. ACL type is set to unix and the CIFS share is set to Inherit Owner permissions. I have also created a user on the NAS with the same username and password I use to log into Fedora and have added the user to the share owner and wheel group. I think it has something to do with my user not being recognised however I'm quite stuck and would appreciate any help or insight you might have. I'm currently using FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-p1-x64. Using windows reading and writing to the NAS gives no problems. If you need any more information please ask.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.