Windows SMB Connections

bynw

Cadet
Looking around there are similar issues but not the same issues. So I've decided to post this issue and see what information I can find.

I've taken over the management of FreeNAS 11.1-U7 system that was setup by previous parties. I have full root access to the webGUI so I can login and see what's going on and such.

Our problem is with Windows users accessing the SMB share. Most of the small office are all on Macs. The Macs don't have any problem discovering the share or accessing it. AFP is enabled and SMB is enabled. Both pointing to the same location in the file system.

The SMB has the check box for guest enabled users.

But the Windows 10 computer doesn't see the share at all (it isn't showing up as a discoverable device on Windows but does on Mac) and if one tries to map the share it prompts for a username and password.

I haven't previously done anything with SMB or FreeNAS/TrueNAS so I'm new to it and trying to solve the issue.

Thanks for any help and pointers in advance.

woweee

Dabbler
I suppose you have a domain for windows users? Add your TN to the domain first and give the access permissions for the Windows user.