Windows Server 2012 AD not supported with FreeNas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koval88

Dabbler
Hello,
I've spoken with one person in regards to the freeness after I've already bought all the hardware and set it all up, he told me that the Windows Server 2012 uses a different SMB version than the freenas which is not supported.
I've read over the documentation and it said: "Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 use SMB3.02 which is not yet supported by Samba." Does that means that I cannot get the AD to work with the freenas?

Will I be able to add a windows share to the windows server 2012?
I am on the latest version of the freenas on the 9.10 Stable.

I'm new to FreeNas so pretty much a noob. Please let me know.
Thank you!

Koval88

Dabbler
That is no longer true in the later versions of 9.10 as Samba has been updated and so has Table 11.3b at http://doc.freenas.org/9.10/freenas_services.html#cifs.
Oh that's great! Thank you for clarification.
Is there a guide I can get the AD to connect? I've been having issues for quite some time now, could not find straightforward guides what I need to do on the Win Server end and on the FreeNas configuration wise. If there's a threat I could be linked to, that would be great!
Thank you!

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about

Koval88

Dabbler
Side note to @dlavigne , I did not see the 9.10 manual actually listed in "9.10 Documentation". Is it listed elsewhere?
Thanks. I did see that documentation but not the actual manuals for it. I've been going through the troubleshooting methods and wasn't able to go through them fully. Ill be posting a new thread with what I've done so far.
Thanks!

D

dlavigne

Yeah, I should add a link to that. Originally, there was only doc.freenas.org with all of the docs and everyone knew to go there. Then we were supposed to retire that site since 10 was to have built-in docs. So I created the Documentation link so we'd have something to archive the old docs and a place to write stuff that wasn't built into the GUI. Then 10 took, and is still taking, forever... So, I'll take a look at making a clear link to doc.freenas.org when I get a chance next week (it's BSDCan week so Internet time is hit&miss).

Status
Not open for further replies.