Will TrueNAS Core 13.1 have ZFS 2.2.2?

Apollo

Wizard
I use the built in shell frequently. It is a big pain though if you have to copy and paste.
I use Bitvise to SSH into my systems and use the "terminal console" to run CLI. Once in the terminal, I execute "screen" so that my session doesn't expire when I loose the connection. Copying and pasting is decent and very useful.
If you need to save some contents to a file, you can also use the integrated SFTP window.

awasb

Patron
I'll use fish terminal to ssh into my (then new) OmniOS filer's ksh93 shell, if TN Core 13.1 won't have ZFS 2.2.2.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
I'll use fish terminal to ssh into my (then new) OmniOS filer's ksh93 shell, if TN Core 13.1 won't have ZFS 2.2.2.
It has been confirmed multiple times that it will.

awasb

Patron
Yes. I was aware of that. Just tried to get things back „on topic“.

IMG_6456.jpeg

CJRoss

Contributor
Without SSH how are you ever going to use jails? You need to edit configuration files inside the jails from the host before you can even SSH into the jail and continue from there. I always feel that creeping dread when I catch a novice user asking how to edit e.g. Nextcloud's config.php via SMB access from their Windows PC. Recipe for disaster.^M

I was originally confused by what you were saying as I've never had to make any changes, but then I realized that I don't ssh into jails. I always just ssh into TrueNAS and the use iocage console to get to the jail terminal.

I agree with you on the trying to edit via share.