WIFN? Newbie onboard

ale_rx

Cadet
Hello everyone.
I'm a new user trying to build my first nas. I need some raid1-like storage plus the ability to stream into my home network music and video files (not more than fhd 60fps res, but i guess with this config there's room for more)

Since i was looking for something durable i abandoned the prebuilt solutions and decided to build/install one. I followed this guide for a cheap but fast nas, and my choice for now is a hp z220 platform or similar.
I found lots of these workstations on ebay, and they all shared pretty much the same configuration:
a xeon e3 1270 v2
16gb of ddr3 ram (cant tell if ecc or not)
a nvidia quadro 1/2000 (but i think it's pretty much useless right?)
sata 2/3 hard drives or sas drives

i managed to buy one (fujitsu celsius workstationù) with the configuration listed above + 120gb ssd for 165 euros.

for now i only need 4tb of mirored space to use as personal cloud and backup. ( i found several hitachi hgst recertified sas drives quite cheap)

what do you think about it?
the 1270 v2 scores 9,4k on passmark and should be more than fine to use with plex.

am i missing something?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
what do you think about it?
The only thing that sticks out to me is this below:
i found several hitachi hgst recertified sas drives quite cheap
How much do you care about your data? If you care at all about your data I wouldn't use re certified/used drives.

How much do you care about your data? If you care at all about your data I wouldn't use re certified/used drives.
I did this recently for backup drives; I burned them in and tested them etc and have still had 2 of 8 have sectors go bad and/or fail SMART tests in 6 months. I second the suggestion to not go used.