SOLVED When creating VM, [vm_type] Field was not expected

Thinkcat

Dabbler
Hello

I'm running a freshly updated 11.3-U5 and am trying to create a FreeBSD virtual machine, not a jail. When I finally press "submit", I get this:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 130, in call_method io_thread=False) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1084, in _call return await methodobj(*args) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/service.py", line 395, in create f'{self._config.namespace}.create', self, self.do_create, [data] File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1084, in _call return await methodobj(*args) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 960, in nf args, kwargs = clean_and_validate_args(args, kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 918, in clean_and_validate_args value = attr.clean(args[args_index + i]) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 588, in clean raise Error(key, 'Field was not expected') middlewared.schema.Error: [vm_type] Field was not expected

Is there a know fix to this or should I simply keep on upgrading to TrueNAS?

Thinkcat

Dabbler
I tried to install 11.3-U5 into a virtual machine running under ESXi 6.7, gave it a 12 GB system disk and one 40 GB storage disk. It successfully created a virtual machine with the same parameters that failed here in an actual FreeNAS 11.3-U5 system.

Thinkcat

Dabbler
Now tried again to create the VM in the actual machine (a small Xeon-D NAS that I maintain remotely) and it succeeded. I remember it asking me somewhere about creating a real VM versus some container thing and I noticed that it was not asking about it anymore.

But since it's now working, I will mark this as solved.