What's up with this post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danb35

Hall of Famer
In this post, I gave links to two products on amazon.com with text indicating the price: "under $400" and "under $300". When I saved that post, the text was correct. When I returned to the thread later, the text for both links had changed to "under 0". I edited the post, and on editing, the link text again appeared correct. I saved the post, and the link text was still correct. Coming back to the thread again, the link text has again changed back to "under 0". What's up?

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I see the oddness too. As admin/mod I can edit your post, and when in edit mode it shows correctly. I did not change anything nor save an edit. Definitely odd. *shrugs* Lets try some links.

Amazon links:
Local link:
  • ...or, more reasonably, at a cost of under $400 for the two. Or better yet, two 8 TB disks for under $300 for the two.
Amazon link:
  • ...or, more reasonably, at a cost of under $400 for the two. Or better yet, two 8 TB disks for under $300 for the two.
So whatever the problem is, it seems to be either the Amazon link thingy, or some other mechanism stopping "$<number><number> from being shown, or some other mechanism.

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Something is clearly taking '$' and the following two digits and trying to do... something? with them...

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Looks like it's looking for a number immediately after the dollar sign and grabbing whatever the character after that is. I can't think of a reason why I'd want that regex.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
So it must be the Amazon affiliate plugin thingy...

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
That is what I thought but if it is, perhaps the real admins can play with figuring out how or why. I know that the Amazon affilliate thing has a regex to find the urls which seems to have an error (a regex testing site claimed so), and a further regex-looking bit of code mixed with html. Either or both or even none could be the problem. I definitely cannot fix it or properly test to see what is the cause. However, it most definitely gets parsed incorrectly outside of the editor and outside of preview, and after a page refresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.