Rsync help script that worked in 8.3 not working in 9.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trisprice

Cadet
Hi , not sure is this the correct place to ask this , but here goes.

On a FreeNas 8.3 I had the following script running , (it's called on from a Python script which mounts the drive and sends me a email about the drive being dismounted , space available etc). ( My next thing is why the python script wont execute under scheduled task's but that's not urgent right now)

date=`date "+%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S"`
rsync -aP --link-dest=/mnt/usbbak/current /mnt/NAS/DWSNAS/Current /mnt/usbbak/back-$date
rm -f /mnt/usbbak/current
ln -s back-$date /mnt/usbbak/current

This ran perfectly and would only backup the changed data and create sym links to previous backup.

Have just updated to 9.10 and when I try the above , it keeps doing a full sync instead of just what's changed.

The files times have changed on NAS itself and I did try ignore time option but nothing I do seems to get this to work as previously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
A couple of things from the rsync docs regarding --link-dest:
"The files must be identical in all preserved attributes (e.g. permissions, possibly ownership) in order for the files to be linked together."
and
"Note that if you combine this option with --ignore-times, rsync will not link any files together because it only links identical files together as a substitute for transferring the file, never as an additional check after the file is updated."

Status
Not open for further replies.