What router do you use with your setup ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Mielko

Dabbler
I have a Linksys Flashed with DD-WRT .... I love the flexibility of DD-WRT but I think my router is going on the fritz. It will not serve IPs to the hubs, resulting in an IP of 0.0.0.0 to FreeNas ... I added a NIC card thinking my motherboard NIC burnt out ... same thing .. get o.o.o.o for both ethernet interfaces.

So....

I switched things around, used different plugs, cables, hubs and it all comes back to the router.

So .... I ask FreNas community, what router are you using ? Now that cisco has bastardized the link sys brand, i am looking for a new router. Must be flashable to DD-WRT and have 10/100/1000 ethernet speeds .. Wireless "N" ..

What do you use ?

B

Bohs Hansen

I use a Dlink DIR-855. However its not DD-WRT compatible and it requires a beta firmware you need to contact the company to get to run stable. But with that in mind, it does its job fine.
At the time it was one of the few with gigabit WAN port, and it isn't long until i breach the 100mbit on my internet connection (60/60 now, 90/90max atm. From jan. up to 250mbit each way for home users)

HolyK

Ninja Turtle
Mikrotik - RB493G :cool:

Beats all commercial/custom SOHO products/FW

survive

Behold the Wumpus
I'm also running pfSense. Great project, highly recommended.

-Will

Status
Not open for further replies.