What is the best way to get started with Bacula plugin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

topping

Dabbler
Hi all, I am trying to get started with the Bacula plugin. So far I have configured the UI elements that show up in the FreeNAS 9.10.1 Plugin configuration. Just clicked around and used defaults for everything. The plugin allowed itself to be started after that, but I have no idea how to connect to it to manage Bacula volumes, for instance, even if a client was successful at pushing many backups.

It appears that the plugin only implements the bacula-sd application and not the web UI at http://www.bacula-web.org. After connecting to the jail shell, I cannot find that any such UI is running in the jail (no open ports or processes that look like web). The addition of the UI would make the plugin quite usable and may not have existed a few years back when the FreeNAS plugin was originally created.

I also searched google and these forums quite thoroughly and could not find even basic information on managing the program. I'm grateful the plugin exists, but without any information on how to use it, it seems like a bit of a wasted effort because nobody is capable of using it.

Does anyone know of any documentation or posts that describe the known scope of the plugin and what one can expect after installing it?

Thanks!

topping

Dabbler
Hi thanks, I was not able to find any more information on the subject.

Diler Singh

Cadet
Does any one has a link or a definite guide for this->bacula-sd plugin to get started. I tried all google giudes none of them worked in full.

If examples are included to backup windows and linux clients in the same guide. We are all gold. Thanks in advance.

Victor0001

Dabbler
I was wondering if you got it running already? I was thinking the solution would be to make a clean jail and install bacula manually in that jail. However i'm not sure if you could easily make mount points to data you wish to backup.

devnullius

Patron
It's either extremely simple or extremely hard: I cannot find much about this either :/

devnullius

Patron
Am I allowed to LOL & Xd on this forum?

If so...

LOOOL! :)

And to be perfectly honest... I don't understand the Windows client setup either. I see lots of reading ahead :/

Status
Not open for further replies.