WebDAV giving error "Only AlphaNumeric characters are allowed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PcInfamy

Cadet
When I try to set up a new share with WebDAV, it gives me an error after choosing the directory in which the share is located. (/mnt/FreeNAS_encrypted/Public)

Only AlphaNumeric characters are allowed.

Not sure if this is because of the volume name, is there anyway around this?

Build: FreeNAS-9.10.2-U3 (e1497f269)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Well, get rid of the underscore and try again.

PcInfamy

Cadet
How do I go about changing the name of the volume? I tried to unmount the volume then re-add it, but no option to set a new name came up.

Vito Reiter

Wise in the Ways of Science
What protocols are setup on your WebDAV service? Like HTTP/HTTPS and Authentication type?

Vito Reiter

Temporarily put it on basic authentication w/ standard HTTP. See if it lets you go with it. Obviously, you can't just click rename your volume but I was pretty sure WebDAV only cared about its own directories name, not the parent directories.

Vito Reiter

Also, WebDAV documentation states that underscores are okay.
To avoid such problems, consider limiting the names to alphanumeric characters (A to Z, a to z, 0 to 9), spaces, and underscore (_).

Vito Reiter

Read this somewhere in the docs
php_value[default_charset] = UTF-8
Go and check your language and region settings, Maybe there's something we're missing.

ratenCramo

Cadet
What are you entering in Share Name? I was having the same issue (that's why I found this thread) but figured out it was my name. The tooltip shows "http(s)://ip-of-freenas-machine:webdav_port/'Share Name'" so I was entering "https://nasip:8081/myfolder" when all I actually needed was "myfolder". Everything worked as expected and I was able to browse the page immediately If you use authentication the username is "webdav" and of course whatever password you set.

Status
Not open for further replies.