Web GUI wont work - most plugins will

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to posting so sorry about any faux pas - My web GUI isnt working but it seems that the server itself is connected...

im away at college and my server is at home.. when i used teamviewer to check something on the home network i noticed that for all intents and purposes freenas (the GUI and SSH) isnt responding... but 3 out of my 4 jails are working normally (the 4th [sickrage] has always been a bit temperamental so it being inaccessible isn't a red flag imo)

i checked my router and it looks as if freenas is connected and assigned an IP (i cant be sure since i cant look at the console's readout) but when i try to connect using chrome or SSH both fail (refusal to connect error)

in addition i know that one of the drives in my box is running out of space - and Urbackup is giving me two errors:

An error occured while accessing or checking UrBackup's internal database. This means this database is probably damaged or there is not enough free space. If this error persists, please restore the database (the files backup_server.db, backup_server_files.db, backup_server_links.db, backup_server_link_journal.db and backup_server_settings.db) from a backup. See log file for details.

and

The directory where UrBackup will save temporary files is inaccessible. Please fix that by modifying this folder in 'Settings' or by giving UrBackup rights to access this directory.

neither of which i can check on without access to the freenas GUI or SSH
and according to logs backups have been working fine until about 10/2 (~3 days ago)

Sakuru

Guru
sorry spaced on the hardware bit -

AMD athlon II quad core around 2.2Ghz if memory serves (the clockspeed is a little fuzzy built it from my old 2010ish gaming rig)
AM3+ socketed ASRock 980DE3/U3S3
16 gb of DDR3
MSI twin Frozr II for graphics
onboard ethernet
2 1tb HDDs (taken from old computers so i dont know models off the top of my head)
2tb HDD (samsung i believe)
4tb HDD (wd red, only a few months old)
all the HDDs in their own volumes raid 0 (yes awful i know - gotta redo em asap :) just gotta save up for some new drives)

Sakuru

Guru
Unfortunately since you have a motherboard without something like IPMI I think you'll need to have someone turn it off and back on for you.

did so, console was filled with errors (from what i can gather from the phone conversation with my not so tech savy mother) so i assume that's the cause. everything seems to be working normally now, thank you for your help regardless :)

Also - bit of a noob question but where can i view old console logs? I.E the errors seen before the reboot. - i assume the ssh console works, but where are they stored? or is there an easier way to see those logs?

Sakuru

Guru
/var/log/messages should have most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.