Web Gui not Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebytr

Dabbler
Yesterday I started seeing an issue where the webgui would not load properly. I could login, but the gui was mostly blank after a successful login. The banner across the top is all that I can see. Stopping and starting django fixes the issue. I was having the problem in U3, then upgraded to U4, but still had the problem pop up again today.

Noticed these errors in the log:

Code:
freenas.local uwsgi: [django.security.SuspiciousSession:117] Session data corrupted

Any idea as what's causing and how to resolve (w/o restarting the service each time)?

m0nkey_

MVP
UI issues are typically indicative of a bad boot media. You may want to backup your configuration and re-install to a new boot drive. Once you've booted up the new install, simply restore your configuration and everything will return to how it previously was.

rebytr

Dabbler
So I had actually replaced my boot drive. I was running U3 with my old boot drive and was having the problem. Switched over to a brand new boot drive and installed a fresh copy of U3. After I imported my old config, I then upgraded to U4 and the problem popped up again. So I’d be surprised if I had two bad boot drives, but I guess anything is possible.

Came across this bug, https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/24277

Wonder if this is related to my problem??

james123

Cadet
Something similar has happened to me today. I have 2 boxes and it happened on both at the same time.

Not sure if this is related, but chrome reports these errors:

dojo.js:8 EXPERIMENTAL: dojox.timing -- APIs subject to change without notice.
dojo.experimental @ dojo.js:8
dojo.js:8 EXPERIMENTAL: dojox.widget.Standby -- APIs subject to change without notice.
dojo.js:8 EXPERIMENTAL: dojox.layout.ResizeHandle -- APIs subject to change without notice.
dojo.js:8 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'decimalFormat' of undefined
at _7 (/dojango/dojo-media/release/1.11.1/dijit/form/NumberTextBox.js?569213313682ba56a9d411be67f2debb:4)
at /dojango/dojo-media/release/1.11.1/dijit/form/NumberTextBox.js?569213313682ba56a9d411be67f2debb:19
at _ce (dojo.js:8)
at _37 (dojo.js:8)
at dojo.js:8
at _38 (dojo.js:8)
at _81 (dojo.js:8)
at _f6 (dojo.js:8)
at HTMLScriptElement._10b (dojo.js:8)

Edit - adding a screen print.

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 970
Last edited:

raiderj

Cadet
I'm seeing exactly the same screen. Fresh install of 11.0-U4. Driving me nuts.

I'm running bare-metal on a Supermicro X10SL7-F, onboard 16GB USB. Installed using BIOS instead of UEFI twice last night to the same effect. Haven't seen this before, maybe specific to the latest update?

EDIT: I also see on the console messages like:
Code:
collectd[4165]: aggregation plugin: Unable to read the current rate of "<hostname>/cpu-4/cpu-user"
utils_v1_lookup: The user object callback failed with a status 2.

raiderj

Cadet
I believe I have ISOs of U1 and U2, will try tonight moving back to one of those and see if it goes away.

I tried accessing the new GUI under '/ui' and that seems to be better, but it also kept logging me out randomly.

TsurG

Cadet
I note the same GUI problems as above with the solutions of ie and /ui working for me as above. I am running on a Supermicro X9 board and my troubles started after upgrade to 11 U4

BDLN

Cadet
I will 2nd this...

I got it work on an old version of IE. Does not work in Chrome or Edge.

I'm too busy to dig - but it looks like a recent Chrome update has fleshed out a script error -- "TypeError: Cannot read property 'decimalFormat' of undefined". The script is crashing - halting page load. As noted, legacy IE works.

styne666

Cadet
Likewise. The UI was working fine yesterday in Chrome but not today. Does work today in IE 11 though. I'm using mirrored USBs which were last scrubbed on Monday with no errors. The server has been up 19 days so I doubt the boot device is suspect. Just to be sure I'm scrubbing boot again but my guess is with BDLN: Chrome finds a bug.

Edit: Versions would help!
FreeNAS-11.0-U3 (c5dcf4416)
Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) <-- today at least, I can't see a way to see when it was updated and what version it was updated from
IE Version 11.0.9600.18792

robelson

Cadet
Something similar has happened to me today. I have 2 boxes and it happened on both at the same time.

Not sure if this is related, but chrome reports these errors:

dojo.js:8 EXPERIMENTAL: dojox.timing -- APIs subject to change without notice.
dojo.js:8 EXPERIMENTAL: dojox.widget.Standby -- APIs subject to change without notice.
dojo.js:8 EXPERIMENTAL: dojox.layout.ResizeHandle -- APIs subject to change without notice.
dojo.js:8 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'decimalFormat' of undefined
at _7 (/dojango/dojo-media/release/1.11.1/dijit/form/NumberTextBox.js?569213313682ba56a9d411be67f2debb:4)
at /dojango/dojo-media/release/1.11.1/dijit/form/NumberTextBox.js?569213313682ba56a9d411be67f2debb:19
at _ce (dojo.js:8)
at dojo.js:8
at _38 (dojo.js:8)
at _81 (dojo.js:8)
at _f6 (dojo.js:8)
at HTMLScriptElement._10b (dojo.js:8)

Edit - adding a screen print.

Hi,
I had the same problem has shown in your image and I found it to be a browser issue.

I used Opera and had no issues :)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
FYI: Chrome is seriously breaking things for many people.

raiderj

Cadet
Is this a Chrome issue only? I had issues with Edge too. But old IE works fine for me.

Or is it just that a new version of Chrome is exposing an issue?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I don't know where the source of the problem lies, but Edge has been working for most people. Your case may have been some other problem with similar symptoms.

james123

Cadet
Here is the screen print from Edge - also broken

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 976

acp

Explorer
Notice it a couple of weeks ago that it wouldn't load in Chrome, but fine in Firefox (v56 32 bit). This is the version I currently have: Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Attachments

• freenas error.png
    freenas error.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 883

styno

Patron
I just keep smashing the F5 button till the page renders (chrome) , I have this issue on 9.10.1-U4 and 11.0-u4 so I guess it's browser related.

Angel Torres

Cadet
Just chiming in that I'm seeing this as well, is this being investigated by any of the coders?

Status
Not open for further replies.