WD TV Live FreeNAS CIFS Share and Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

keamas

Dabbler
Hi I would like to use my FreeNAS with my WD TV Live.
I have a Active Directory environment but I can't mount the FreeNAS CIFS share with my WD TV Live.

• I can mount the CIFS Share from the AD Server with the WD TV Live (so WD TV Live works with AD)
  • I can mount the FreeNAS CIFS share with my AD user permissions on my Mac and Windows Client (FreeNAS works with my Clients)
  • But I can't mount the CIFS share with my WD TV Live

Here are my FreeNAS CIFS share settings.
Has anyone any advice how I can get this working?

Screen Shot 2013-05-31 at 7.08.57 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-05-31 at 7.10.35 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-05-31 at 7.11.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-05-31 at 7.11.25 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-05-31 at 7.11.50 PM.png

budmannxx

Contributor
I don't see anything in the FreeNAS settings you posted that would need to be changed.

• I can mount the FreeNAS CIFS share with my AD user permissions on my Mac and Windows Client (FreeNAS works with my Clients)
  • But I can't mount the CIFS share with my WD TV Live

And given these 2 bullets, it looks like the issue is with the WD TV, not FreeNAS, since you can mount the FreeNAS CIFS share from your Mac and Windows machines.

You might try allowing anonymous access in the FreeNAS settings. If the WD TV can then mount the share, you'll know it's a permissions issue somewhere. Beyond that, however, I think you may need to use the WD TV forum.

fracai

Guru
I have my NAS mounted on a WD TV Live using NFS, you'll have to enable Linux shares in the WD settings. That may be an alternative if you can't get it to see the CIFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.