Volume No Longer Recognized after Hardware RAID Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
it is supposed to be actual output from the raid array.
My guess is you might be able to connect it to another machine as a source for transferring information to a rebuilt or new FreeNAS over the network. I doubt you can hook it up to FreeNAS directly.

John08

Dabbler
OK, I have setup 9.3 on another system with the drive that was created from the ReclaiMe software. I have created the debug file and I look for any kind words of wizdom

Attachments

• debug-freenas-20150829080718.tgz
    120 KB · Views: 181

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
The ZFS output appears to show the volume intact. What do you see in the Storage tab?

John08

Dabbler
It shows the volume with its old name from the original server and it is labeled healthy. Should I try to import it?

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
If you see the volume in the Storage tab that suggests it was already imported successfully. It sounds like you're ready to back up the data in preparation for transferring it to your new, improved FreeNAS.

John08

Dabbler
I had success in using the hard drive that was created with ReclaiMe Raid Recovery. The drive was indeed recognized by FreeNAS 9.3.1 adn I was able to make a copy of the files. I will now be rebuilding my server.

Thanks

I had success in using the hard drive that was created with ReclaiMe Raid Recovery. The drive was indeed recognized by FreeNAS 9.3.1 adn I was able to make a copy of the files. I will now be rebuilding my server.

Thanks
this is one of those things i am very happy to read and see, now you know better :P

Status
Not open for further replies.