cannot create a volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenh

Cadet
I have been trying to figure this out for over a month off and on. I have a feeling I am missing something very basic but can't figure it out. I am new to FreeNAS. I built a system with the following hardware:

Intel Core i3-4130T 2.9GHz Dual-Core Processor
ASRock E3C226D2I Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard
Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Western Digital Red 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive x 2
Antec Three Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case
SeaSonic 360W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply

Everything seems to be working great. Both hard drive are recognized by the OS. I would like to mirror both hard drive. Every instance I try to use the 'volume manager' to create a new volume mirroring both drives, very briefly a volume manager dialog box opens then closes. No volume is created.

Suggestions?

mjws00

Guru
Quote the actual error. What does dmesg or the console say? Even a screenshot. Something is going sideways, but we don't have enough information to tell what.

Easy way out is just to post the debug file. System |Advanced | Save Debug. That should show almost everything.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Intel Core i3-4130T
Not a very good choice, by the way. You're just artificially limiting performance relative to the regular i3 4130.

Quote the actual error. What does dmesg or the console say? Even a screenshot. Something is going sideways, but we don't have enough information to tell what.

Easy way out is just to post the debug file. System |Advanced | Save Debug. That should show almost everything.
Follow mjws00's advice. You can also try to reinstall FreeNAS (preferably to new, mirrored boot devices) to see if that solves your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.