volume disk corrupted but cant access it

Status
Not open for further replies.

comet424

Cadet
hi i was having issues with freenas was going haywire and wouldnt mount anymore the volums of my 2 drives

i tried them in Unraid it sees the 2 drives as zfs_member i cant mount it i cant access it..

is there a program in freenas to rescan these drives.. it used to be able to see my volume name but when trying to import it it just messed with you cant do this...
and now i tried after a few reboots and she wont even show the volume data set name..

so i dunno whats wrong but is there a program to help me recover i hoping i can recover it...

also in unraid i can do there drop down box and it shows my data set but i cant mount to even use this program to access my files there has to be something i can do

garm

Wizard
Please state your hardware according to the rules

Do you have s.m.a.r.t reports on the drives?
Did FreeNAS give you any alerts before you lost the volume?
What pool configuration do you have?
What is the output of zpool import, in [ code] tags please

Also, on a future note. Refrain from plugging in drives with issues in alien systems.

comet424

Cadet
not at home now to check
but smart had to renable.. as smart doesnt run when the freenas boot is running off USB but it didnt show errors.. the alert freenas gives is just you should be under 80%
the pool config is i dont remember its just 2 drives together to get the most diskspace
i tried the zpool import it had said there was no pools

and i tried it as when you google zfs import unraid came up...

comet424

Cadet
oh and prior to this i was even locked out of freenas for transfering files i couldnt delete folders i couldnt move files off freenas to windows kept telling me user\root permission yet i only use 1 user account the root on this system

Status
Not open for further replies.