VNC unable to connect to any VMs in TrueNAS 13.0 Core

sjtech

Cadet
Upgraded from TrueNAS 12.0-U8.1 and since then the only issue I am experiencing is that I cannot connect to any of my virtual machines with VNC. I know they are starting and running because I can connect to SSH on the ones running SSH and I can connect to web services where applicable. But VNC will not work. I have tried changing the Bind address, port, restarting the VM, and rebooting the entire physical machine.

Any ideas?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
And you recommend rel. 13 for production with this bug???

Don't blame the mods. We have no influence over release decisions. Besides, only custom VNC ports don't work. The default port of 5900 still works.

Parser

Cadet
Don't blame the mods. We have no influence over release decisions. Besides, only custom VNC ports don't work. The default port of 5900 still works.
I don't blame you. I just was wondering. Last weekend I fully spent on trying Truenas Scale, and Truenas Core.

Scale's VM creation wizzard, when switching from 3. to 4. page just kicks me out, and I am presneted the login page. I repeated this twice, and both time the same. So I deleted it.

Then I gave Truenas Core 13 the chance, and I am fighting since then to get this VNC connected. I was reading about the wrong port, but then also about the vnc process dying giving a core dump. And then somebody claiming it works with realvnc.

At this time I was asking myself, am I in the secret cam show.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Plus I use 13.0 in production with VMs but I don't use VNC ... any "Unixy" guest OS can be configured to use a serial console. Annoying? Yes. Show stopper? No.