SOLVED VMs can't connect to Host

Hi,
I've had this problem regularly, but it was always temporary. About 5 days ago it became a permanent issue, though. I reinstalled TrueNAS Scale today and it worked for a few hours, until suddenly (during playback of a video file via jellyfin inside one of the vms) it happened again. My VMs can't access the host system, can't even ping it. The host can however ping my VMs. What is weirdest to me is that my one debian machine is not affected by this, the others are fedora server and ubuntu server and both are affected.
I have networking on TrueNAS set up with a bridge, that the VMs Virtual NICs are also attached to - as described in other threads. As my Mainboard has two ethernet jacks, I have also tried to attach the virtual NIC to the other port, that has no dhcp or address set up. That didn't change anything. I also tried setting up a second bridge with the other ethernet jack and attaching that to the vms, but no luck there either.
I then ALSO tried making TrueNAS accessible through the second ethernet jack, attaching the VMs to my bridge and trying to access TrueNAS via the ip of the second ethernet jack, but to no avail.

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 64gb ECC
Hard drives: 2x120GB Kingston A400 (boot-pool), 4x16TB Seagate Exos X16 (Raid-Z1), 5x2TB Samsung 870 EVO (Raid-Z1)
HBA: LSI00344 9300-8i SAS
In case it is important: I have a standard Ubiquiti network setup with a Dream Machine Pro. I haven't changed anything about the network as I haven't gotten to it, so basically everything at default values

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
The specs for your board indicate it has the following networking hardware:
  • Realtek® RTL8125-CG 2.5G LAN
  • Intel® I211-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN
When you reinstalled, you probably set up the network and bridges on the Realtek. Some things to try:
  • Don't plug both ports into the same subnet. This won't work.
  • Set up your network and bridges on the Intel, and please disable the 2.5G Realtek in the BIOS. Realteks are trash.

Thank you for the quick reply!
Can confirm that everything seems to work as expected after ONLY using the intel port. Shame that I can't use 2.5Gig, though I guess this is a reason to buy an SFP+ PCIE card :D
Solved for me!