VM Ubuntu 22 - mouse and kebord don't work

ADD

Cadet
I install VM with ubuntu 22.04
During installation mouse and keyboard in vnc work correctly.
After installation mouse and keyboard in vnc stop work

Also, during Ubuntu loading I see messages about problem with USB.

germina90

Cadet
I install VM with ubuntu 22.04
During installation mouse and keyboard in vnc work correctly.
After installation mouse and keyboard in vnc stop work

Also, during Ubuntu loading I see messages about problem with USB.

Experiencing the same issue and have scoured the internet. I don't think the USB message mentioned is the issue.

Does anyone know if I can use a different VM client to Truenas Bhyve?

Following is a list of my investigation steps thus far.

1. Found post suggesting changing the number of cores could help. This was an old post and didn't fix the issue.
2. Found post suggesting changing the NIC to use Virtl0. This was an old post and didn't fix the issue.
3. Used a completely different computer and installed Truenas on it and did a fresh VM install with Ubuntu. This produced the exact same results, with the mouse not working. The second Truenas box I got running to test with is a 14 year old pc. Seems safe to safe this isn't a hardware type issue.
4. I created a second VM and installed an old version of Lubuntu with it's UI. Mouse functionality worked as expected.
5. I've attached a log file from a non-working VM. there are a few 'Unhandled ps2 mouse command 0xe1' errors in the log which seem suspicious.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on this!

Attachments

• Ubuntu_VM_No_Mouse_log.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 63

germina90

Cadet
Specs for the 1st machine I ran into this issue for: (goes along with the second post in this chat)

Motherboard: GIGABYTE C246M-WU4
Network cards: Whatever comes with the C246M-WU4 motherboard
CPU: ntel Xeon E-2126G
Ram: 32GB ECC
Hard Disk Controller: IBM ServeRaid M1015 6 Gb/s SAS/SATA PCI-e RAID Controller LSI SAS9220-8i
Hard Drives:
Boot Device: Micro SSD
Pool 1: Raidz 2 with 6 WD WD80EFAX drives
Pool 2: Raidz 1 with 6 WD WD40EZRZ drives

Agnoth

Cadet
I'm having the same issue. I haven't done any updates or changes for quite a while. Today I tried to connect to a VM and no mouse or keyboard. It did repond to a ctrl-alt-T from the noVNC controls but I can't do anything with the terminal window. Any further developments?

homer27081990

Patron
During Ubuntu install, use the cli to install all VirtIO drivers (even if you do not use them, or ubuntu says they are included). The PS2 errors and the "unpowered port" errors scream guest-side driver incompatibility.

gwpotter

Dabbler
I had the same issue with a fresh Truenas Core 13.0-U6.1 on dell r730 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2623 v3 @ 3.00GHz 128gb ram and, 2pools.
Tried Ubuntu 22LTS, Debian 11. and both had no mouse after install. Attempted to boot from another kernel but couldn't get it through bhyve vnc.
Current workaround for me is Ubuntu 18 LTS. Installed with no mouse issue.
While this is not Ideal, i can run what I need until a fix is posted. While I can run cli if I have to, I am more comfortable with a gui.