Virtual machines lost external network after upgrade to Core 13

Anio

Dabbler
Hello,
i have TrueNas Core 12.8 with two Linux virtual machines. Today upgraded to 13U3 and they lost connection to everything outside Truenas. I can connect to another VM and to any Jail but cant pass out the NAS IP address. In the Tunables i have the following settings:
firewall_enable=yes RC
firewall_type=open RC
gateway_enable=yes RC
iohyve_enable=yes RC
iohyve_flags=kmod=1 net=bge0 RC
natd_enable=yes RC
natd_flags=-dynamic -m RC
natd_interface=bge0 RC
net.inet.ip.forwarding=1 SYSCTL

After i fell back to 12 everything is working again.

Whattteva

Wizard
I'm guessing you need a static route setup on your router.

Please post your network settings/subnets for your VM's, jails, and LAN.

Anio

Dabbler
All jails and VM's are using my home 192.168.100.0 network. This is the jails config:
1672907859634.png

The jails are using static IP addresses, where the VM is using DHCP from my home router and has attached e1000 NIC interface. Upgrading to v.13 only brakes the VM networking, everything else is working. Does anything change in the new version for the settings i pasted in my first post?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
If you're interested in doing it properly, you'll insert a bridge between the NIC and the VMs (and jails). (and move the host IP address from the NIC to the Bridge also)

I would also start by removing (or at least disabling) all those tunables and seeing if it works fine on 13 without them.

Last edited:

Anio

Dabbler
If you're interested in doing it properly, you'll insert a bridge between the NIC and the VMs (and jails). (and move the host IP address from the NIC to the Bridge also)

I would also start by removing (or at least disabling) all those tunables and seeing if it works fine on 13 without them.
Thank you. I didnt know i can create such bridge. And yes, i want to do it properly. This configuration is at least 5 years old and i havent touch it since i originally installed FreeNas(10 or 11).
Could you please point me to an article how to properly do it?

sretalla