OpenVPN Multiple connections, is it possible?

zgn

Cadet
I have OpenVPN service setup and running properly on TrueNAS core.
I am able to access systems on the Private lan side with no issue.

The issue happens when I connect a second connection to the VPN.
The second connection seems to connect and I get a unique ip address but I'm unable to access anything after connecting.
I cannot access any systems on the private lan side nor can I access the TrueNAS server.
When I disconnect the 1st connection I can then access everything properly on the second connection.

I've been searching for an answer but so far I am stumped. If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated!

Here is my current additional parameters under OpenVPN Server Service:

push "route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0"
push "redirect-gateway def1 bypass-dhcp"
push "dhcp-option DNS 8.8.8.8"
push "dhcp-option DNS 1.1.1.1"
duplicate-cn

I also have turntables set as shown below:

firewall_enable
yes
firewall_type
open
gateway_enable
yes
natd_enable
yes
natd_flags
-dynamic -m
natd_interface
em1 ( this is my correct and only interface)

I have a static route setup as follows

Destination (ip of the client network)

Gateway (ip of the truenas server on the lan.)

Thank you

I thought I would have this same problem but I didn’t. Here’s what I did different (although not likely better or safer).
I am using Truenas Scale and I skipped the Tunables because the GUI for it wasn’t as good as Core.
Next I added:
server 172.16.0 255.255.255.0
as the third line in the “additional parameters” section of OpenVpn Server config.
Then I created a new client certificate for a new user and downloaded that config for my 2nd remote connection. Open VPN automatically handed out the next IP when I loaded the config in the Open VPN app.
I tested the connection by remoting into my first device (iPhone using Open VPN and smb share over 5Ge) and the second (MacBook using a different iPhone’s 5Ge as a hotspot over Open VPN smb share) and I was able to play the video in the smb folder simultaneously on each device. I didn’t test a file write because the data connection was very slow.
I have no idea if skipping the tunables is why it worked and/or if skipping those is very bad security wise.