View NAA within FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Intellys

Dabbler
I have been using FreeNAS connected via Fiber Channel for over a year, now. I built a new FreeNAS device last week. It is 11.1 - U5. Working perfectly. I decided to go ahead and add all my ZVOLs with iSCSI (FC) extents and associated targets. Everything is connected to 5 ESXi 6.5 hosts. When I go to add storage, I have a list of LUNs. How do I view the NAA that is associated with a certian ZVOL extent? I can easily remove the extents and just do this one-by-one and I don't have to worry about it. I have already tried seeing if it is associated with the serial number of the ZVOL, but that wasn't the case.

Mlovelace

Guru
The NAA is randomly generated for each freeNAS lun. Your best option is to cat the ctl.conf after configuring all the luns. This will allow you to determine the associated randomly generated NAA with their corresponding luns(extents in freeNAS).
Code:
cat /etc/ctl.conf

Don Intellys

Dabbler
The NAA is randomly generated for each freeNAS lun. Your best option is to cat the ctl.conf after configuring all the luns. This will allow you to determine the associated randomly generated NAA with their corresponding luns(extents in freeNAS).
Code:
cat /etc/ctl.conf
Exactly what I needed! Thanks much!

Status
Not open for further replies.