Very pink. Can we change the theme to Darth Vader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomzoom

Guru
It's more so the point of it causing slow[er] browser performance, and it's on par with visiting sites with crap loads of adverts everywhere. My Little Pony April Fools, all the more power to you; but the ridiculous amount of animations shouldn't have been included. After 1 minute on the page, it's still trying to load files from GitHub, currently loading items in the mid 200 range.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
If you don't want to learn the power of friendship you can always choose another theme in the bottom left. Be forewarned, it will remove the mouse glitter and blinking sidebar areas. Not sure why anyone would want to do that.

upload_2017-4-1_12-18-40.png

zoomzoom

Guru
I did immediately upon seeing the ridiculousness of the sheer number of animations, and the point I was making wasn't about choosing a different theme. What's the point of iXsystems changing the theme for April Fool's Day? To make people see and use it for the day... something few will do if it's causing this large a performance hit within browsers. Clearly someone spent time incorporating the theme for today, but if users immediately change the theme due to the sluggish performance this specific theme causes, what was the point of implementing the theme to begin with?
  • I personally don't like wasting my time, and most would agree they don't like wasting their own time either, and as the theme currently sits, whomever implemented it has wasted their time doing so if users immediately change the theme due to the aforementioned issue.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Boy I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.........

ECCfrenaslover

Explorer
Ponies aren't crap! They're here to teach us a valuable lesson on friendship.
I guess you haven't had your cereal yet....

It seems like every site is online with you guys to put up crap on the internet for April's fool. What is next? Halloween?

ECCfrenaslover

Explorer
If it's that annoying to you change it to the experimental red theme.
The red flares up my PTSD from all the blood I saw overseas

darkwarrior

Patron
Relax guys ... it's just joke. Sit back and enjoy it while it still lasts ;)

And yeah I know the performance/Bandwidth hit is quite hard. Especially for me on my 2Mbit/s DSL wan link...
But hell, It's not a permanent change (I hope) :p

melloa

Wizard
If you're getting friendship overload you can switch themes, but you won't have the ponies anymore which is a little sad...

If I do that, @dlavigne will be mad @ me, so PINK it is :rolleyes:

ZeroBit

Dabbler
Hehe, nice guys! I opened to the forums, saw the My Little Pony theme, and immediately wondered if the site had been hit by hackers. Did not realize it was an April Fools joke until I started searching and found this thread via Google. You got me. :p

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
I did immediately upon seeing the ridiculousness of the sheer number of animations, and the point I was making wasn't about choosing a different theme. What's the point of iXsystems changing the theme for April Fool's Day? To make people see and use it for the day... something few will do if it's causing this large a performance hit within browsers. Clearly someone spent time incorporating the theme for today, but if users immediately change the theme due to the sluggish performance this specific theme causes, what was the point of implementing the theme to begin with?
  • I personally don't like wasting my time, and most would agree they don't like wasting their own time either, and as the theme currently sits, whomever implemented it has wasted their time doing so if users immediately change the theme due to the aforementioned issue.

grumpy-cat-stop-having-fun-its-annoying.jpg

This is why we don't use dial-up. Pony javascript is bringing the internet to its knees. I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

Take a breath and realize it's just some April 1st fun! Don't forget you can quickly and easily switch if you don't want to participate.

Yusuf Limalia

Patron
This is actually part of an initiative to beautify the forums. For more information see the announcement thread.
Conversation I had to myself:
WTF is this sh**? It's April 1st but surely the FreeNAS community is a little more serious than this? Naaa it can't be them, Forum must be Hacked by some imbecile.

Well done.. You got me! And glad to know you guys are light hearted =)

Status
Not open for further replies.