Using the NAS as Steam storage for Linux users

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallinatorx

Cadet
So, I have been trying to use my nasto store all of my steam games. But I keep geting the error
"New Steam library folder must be on a filesystem mounted with execute permissions"
I cant tell if this is comeingfrom my computer or from the nas it self. I have execute ennabled with shareing.

if you are wondering my fstab looks like this
//192.168.0.115/test /media/Network_Drive/ cifs user,uid=dallinatorx,username=dallinatorx,password=********,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777,nounix,exec,rw 0 0
Thanks

Sirius

Dabbler
From that line, UID is usually a number i thought not a string? And there's usually a group ID or gid to go with it as well.

Have you confirmed that the share on the FreeNAS side has read/write/execute permissions enabled and you're connecting to the share as the correct user?

dallinatorx

Cadet
So, I am useing the corect acount and it will mount just like it should and let me see the files. The only prolbum is with useing execute on it. So it mounts and I know im the right user. And with the share I have enabled all 3 with root user and guest. If that is the wrong spot where would I need to look? Thanks.

Sirius

Dabbler
What's the output of an ls -la on the share, on the system that's connected to the share?

dallinatorx

Cadet
Here is for it is.
Code:
drwxrwxrwx   2 dallinatorx root	0 Apr  4 18:05 Network_Drive

Sorry. I have had a packed week this is the first canchi have had to get bact to this.
Thanks

nojohnny101

Wizard
Have you tried to google if others have their steam libraries mounted on network shares? It seems you have everything correct from what you have provided (except I agreed about the uid parameter, I've never seen that match the username).

It might be an unsupported configuration with Steam.

Sirius

Dabbler
The user looks ok but why is the group root?

Also I've got network drives working for a steam library using Windows but I haven't tried it on Linux.

iSCSI works very well but it does have quite a lot of limitations due to how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.