Using the connector on the m2 2230 Key E motherboard

gos-tlt

Cadet
Hello dear forum members. I am looking for the answer to my question about the use of the M2 connector on the motherboard using a adapter.
I don’t know who to contact, therefore I am waiting for a competent opinion on this issue.
There is a motherboard ASUS PRIME J3355I-C (CELERON, mini-ITX), it has a PCI-E 2.0 x4 connector. I use this connector for a SATA/PCIE controller based on a Marvell 88SE9230 chip. The integrated network card in the motherboard is based on the Realtek RTL8111H chip.
materinskaya-plata-asus-prime-j3355i-c-celeron-microatx-921162-2.jpg
HTB1ij9i-VRLo-K1-Rj-SZFuq6xn0-XXaa.png
Reading the iXsystems forums, I found out that this network card is not very high quality, and does not give the declared speed in gigabit networks, FREENAS defined it as 100 base.
It would be logical to buy a network card from Intel, and connect it to the PCIE port. But there is a catch, I have 4 hard drives that are connected through this port.
There was a problem and a headache. I need to get a full gigabit channel to the FREENAS server.
My search began with the fact that I decided to think about purchasing a USB to Ethernet adapter, but they wrote on the forums that FREENAS does not support these solutions, and where is the guarantee that these devices will not be the same as the Realtek RTL8111H chip.
HTB1c-W4-Uasrr-K1-Rj-Sspaq6-AREXXat.png
Then I thought about what I have on my motherboard, and I was interested in the M2 port with the key E. The bandwidth of this connector should be about 5 gigabits per second. This is more than enough for my problem, it remains to decide how to implement it.
Having rummaged on the Internet at various trading floors, I found adapters from M2 to mini PCIE, and mini PCIE to PCIE to which, in my opinion, you could connect a full-fledged network card from Intel.
HTB1-IFL2-Xu6s-K1-Rj-Ssrbq6xb-DXXa-R.jpg
H22dc10f17d4d4cb595b23daa6666a5f2-L.png
Has anyone done something similar? Is this possible in principle? How will FREENAS react to this? What options can you offer? I would be grateful for any help / hint.