Users logs

IBCMED

Dabbler
How do I see user logs? Know who logged in and when logged in, deleted themselves and what deleted and etc... ?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
/var/log/userlog has the user creation, etc. events.

/var/log/utx.log seems to contain logins, but I've not quickly found the interpreter to make that nicer to look at... maybe other tools exist, but apparently lastlogin will get the last login from each user out of that file, ac -p -d will list the amount of time logged in.

IBCMED

Dabbler
The "utx" directory does not exist. About "lastlogin", I was able to see the last login I made, but how do I see the other users on the system?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Are you talking about file sharing users? You would need to adapt your Samba configuration to log these, I guess.

IBCMED

Dabbler
So, users using the file system, can I see what they do inside TrueNAS? I used WD's MyCloud and users deleted files and I didn't know who and when, I would like to know if TrueNAS does it and if so, how.

sretalla