User uid on unix acl

Status
Not open for further replies.

loris

Dabbler
Hello everyone, I have a problem:
I set two datasets one with user1 (uid 501) and staff group (gid 20)
the other with user2 (uid 502) staff group (gid 20) as permissions on the dataset.
Sign in with user1 and user1 in the dataset permits are perfect: on macbook permits are "user1 - reading and writing" and so I want them.
Sign in with user2, and user2 in the dataset permissions are wrong, check the permissions on the macbook and I see 'user1 - reading and writing "when in fact it should be" user2 - reading and writing. "I state that by accessing three different computers I see always user1. But checking on every single computer user I use to log in osx all have the same uid that is 501. Now I would understand if that is just a name given by the need he sees the id equal to or is a problem setup, if you can is there a solution?
thank you very much

toadman

Guru
I didn't quite follow. You stated you have two different datasets that you are sharing. In the examples you gave you didn't specify which dataset you were accessing in each case. Let me see if I get what you are saying...

dataset1: Owner is "user1", group is "staff"
dataset2: Owner is "user2", group is "staff"

Presumably you have two shares:

share1 points to dataset1 (if true, what type of share is this? AFP, CIFS, NFS?)
share2 points to dataset2 (same, what type of share?)

Access case 1:
user1 logs into the mac and accesses share1. The permissions show correctly.

Access case 2:
user2 logs into the mac and access share2. The permissions DO NOT show correctly.

Is this what you're are saying?

loris

Dabbler
The share are afp.

Exactly, share 2 when i login on mac i see user1 permission, when the share2, owner is user2!

toadman

Guru
Definitely weird. Did you double check that the share paths are different? What are they? I assume something like:

//nas/share1 = /mnt/pool/dataset1
//nas/share2 = /mnt/pool/dataset2

loris

Dabbler
Yes, the share path are different!
In my opinion is because there is the same uid in mac osx and the filesystem read the uid but not the name...
But on different computer there is a user2 with the same uid 501 by default on my computer that is user1 and i when i login with other computer i see on share2 the permission on user1!

Status
Not open for further replies.