User Definable Status Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen many people on here asking that the GUI have "this" and "that". Seems that everyone has different needs/wants as well. So what if you could write a script file(that ran in cron) to output whatever you wanted to a plain text file. Then a icon across the top(with the other icons Account System Tasks...) could just display whatever is in the file. The background and font could match what is in the GUI already. Would make things blend nicely. Seem like everyone could make this "status page" show whatever their little heart wants.

What do y'all think? Any like it? Dislike it? Should I put it in as a feature request?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
you could write your own using the freeNAS rest api.

If the REST API was used then the page would be separate from the GUI, right? I was thinking of something a little more integrated into the GUI. Perhaps under the Reporting section.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
FreeNAS 10 is supposed to be more along the lines of what you're asking.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'm not sure if this is planned for FreeNAS 10. But your idea isn't exactly a bad one. I don't know if anyone has thought about it like that. I do like it, and I'd recommend you put in a ticket asking for it. ;)

I'm not sure if this is planned for FreeNAS 10. But your idea isn't exactly a bad one. I don't know if anyone has thought about it like that. I do like it, and I'd recommend you put in a ticket asking for it. ;)
It does seem that it would be easy to implement. The code is already in place. It could work just like the new "Guide" section that got added. The Guide icon opens /usr/local/www/data/docs/freenas.html. I would think that another icon could be added to display /what/ever/I/would.like/2C.(txt or html or ...)

I'll go look at how to turn in a ticket now.

A feature request ticket has been created, in case anyone wants to follow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.