User curious and interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavZero

Cadet
Hi all,

I actual have a proliant N54L with 6GB of RAM (like many others) which esxi 6.0 with 4-5 VM. I know it's less than the recommanded RAM limit but it's for testing for the moment.
One for NAS usage (with media server) ==> Xpenology
Another for domotic system ==> Debian with Jeedom
Some other for testing, dev, ...
and now one for FreeNAS (with 4GB RAM allocated)

I'm looking on FreeNAS first because I'm curious and for replacement of all my platform. (I expect to remove Xpenology and use FreeNAS as base NAS and VM/Docker manager)

The first point which leads me to look at FreeNAS is the removal of Xpenology (problem of maintaining and "legality" of this solution) and the second point is the removal of VMWare which works very very very well but which prevents the use of smart functions and standby capability of my disks.

My first (or second post) will be for understand better how to works with Docker (I'm new to FreeNAS but I'm new to with the usage of docker) and probably how to manage network of docker and VM within FreeNAS.

Hope I could find some help in the community and if I could "bring my stone to the building".

Thanks.

PS : sorry for my english, I'm french and If I make mistakes, it is not my fault but that of google ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.