User 2 cannot modify file created by user 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nMad

Dabbler
Hello,

These are my datasets:
data (root dataset, unix permissions: 775)
data\Documenten (child dataset, unix permissions: 775)
data\Uploads (child dataset, unix permissions: 777)

I shared the 'data' dataset with CIFS. The share is accessible without login (guests allowed), which I enabled in the CIFS share. (so far so good!)

The 'Documenten' dataset should only be accessible for the root user and the 'home' group, me and my girlfriend are part of this group named 'home'. (so far so good). Both my girlfriend and I should be able to read en modify each others files. > this is not the case: when I create a file my girlfriend can read it, rename it, delete it, but cannot modify it (for example add some text in a basic .txt file).

The 'Uploads' dataset should be accessible for everybody. (so far so good). Everybody should be able to read and modify the files in this dataset. > this is not the case: same situation as described above, also with 'guest' users.

This is what my Uploads dataset looks like:
permissions.png

How can I fix this?

edit: I added screenshots from the Windows security properties as attachments, this is from a file in the 'Documenten' dataset.

Attachments

• windows permissions.png
    windows permissions.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 213
  • windows permissions 2.png
    windows permissions 2.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

nMad

Dabbler
Anyone?

D

dlavigne

Sounds like you want to use Windows permissions rather than Unix ones as Windows ACLs will give more fine-grained control.

Status
Not open for further replies.