urgent issue with degraded system

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Sorry things aren't going so well for you. Did you keep backups? Because that zpool is basically down for the count now. :(

sbertsch

Dabbler
well we are in the process of moving from openfiler, fortunately we hadn't deleted anything really from the source drive so it was a matter of just getting stuff pointed properly again.

sbertsch

Dabbler
OK things on this are still not going well... I would like to put a different Raid controller in my 2950 or an HBA that fits in the same place as the current H700 hopefully using the same cables.... if I can't do that what card natively supports JBOD that can be used in a 2950 and what cables will I need if it won't fit where the existing card is or can't use the existing cables I have?

Thanks
Scott

You should be ok with a M1015 crossflashed to P16 IT firmware, or a LSI 9211-8i with IT firmware. You should be able to use the existing cables, a quick google of the H700 shows it has SAS cable connections so thats good.

sbertsch

Dabbler
Darren;

Thank you for the quick response... will this fit where the existing H700 is? The cables are pretty short.

Do you have a picture of the inside of the case? The H700 has the cables on the top(?) of the card i wanna say, rather then the back. If so then the cables should fit the M1015 fine as the M1015 has top SAS connections as well

Status
Not open for further replies.