SOLVED Upload Config bug?

c77dk

Patron
Wanted to try a restore of my config on TrueNAS 12.0-U5 and got this error "File is bigger than 10MiB"
It's quite correct that my config backup is larger than 10MiB (more like 14MiB), but since it was made by pressing "Save config" I would think I should be able to restore it again?

Have I understood the docs wrong? or have I stumbled upon a bug needing to be reported in jira?

c77dk

Patron
just tried with a fresh -U5 install - same error

c77dk

Patron
hacked it :smile:

Raised the limit in /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/config.py and was able to restore

Durahl

Dabbler
Allright... That took way longer than it should have to figure out so in case someone stumbles across the same problem here a short rundown:
  1. On your FreeNAS Server in Services enable SSH and within the SSH settings enable Log in as root with password.
  2. Access the config.py file found under /usr/local/lib/python3.X/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/ via the likes of FileZilla using the NAS' IP Address, the User root, the password you set for it and the Port 22.
  3. Edit the config.py file with the likes of Microsoft Visual Studio Code and search for if nreads > 10240: and change it to a higher value like if nreads > 15360: which would raise the limit to 15MiB ( or 20480 which would raise it to 20MiB ).
  4. Save the changes and restart the Server.
  5. Apply System Config via System > General > Upload Config
  6. Profit.
Cheers!