What to do if your bug report on CORE is implented on SCALE, with no plans to fix CORE as well?

testfire10

Dabbler
Hi all,

I'm a fairly new TrueNAS Core user - a couple weeks ago, I uncovered a bug which is related to the reporting of failed SSH login attempts. I used the link at the top of the forums to submit it, as a couple of other users seemed to have the same problem. The devs over on Jira picked it up, confirmed it was a problem, and began implementing a fix... in SCALE only. I asked them on Jira whether it would ever be implemented in CORE, and they replied that it is unlikely that it will ever be fixed on CORE. Now, I'm not here to start a flamewar or beat up on the devs.

I am curious though, as a new user, if there is another path to getting issues on CORE fixed? Maybe I submitted my bug in the wrong place or something? Or I should have reported it somewhere else? When I look to the Core GH page, it seems to be updated much less frequently than the SCALE page, with the last commit being to the readme about 18 days ago. Is there some other path to getting Core fixed? Looking at the scale fix, the python files that were updated seem to be the same for both core and scale, so perhaps I could risk pulling the changes myself, but I'm not a pro, so I would worry about breaking my install.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
That bug is slated for 12.0-U6 as well. Right now we fix bugs in SCALE first, then slate them to backport to 12.

1629816545084.png

testfire10

Dabbler
Thank you @Kris Moore. When I wrote this post, it was based upon feedback from the devs, and at the time, was not indicating a change to 12.0-U6. I appreciate what you guys are doing and your response.