Upgrading from FreeNAS 8.0 to 8.01 but still left with ver 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcooke

Cadet
I have gone through the upgrade process described in the wiki using a CD upgrading a version of FreeNAS 8.0 (i386) installed on a hard drive.

The upgrade process appears to run through normally, but on reboot I still seem to have the original FreeNAS 8.0. This is what the system information page (web interface) shows me.

Hostname: freenas.local
OS Version: FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p3
Platform: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
System Time: Sat Oct 8 16:15:25 BST 2011
Uptime: 4:15PM up 10 mins, 0 users
Load Average: 0.00, 0.08, 0.09
FreeNAS Build: FreeNAS-8.0-RELEASE-i386

I'm a bit confused as the OS version appears to be upgraded to 8.2-p3 as it says in the release notes but the FreeNAS version seems to be unchanged.

I did a fresh install to USB stick using the same CD which worked fine and I could see references to the Rsync service (which is my reason for upgrading) on this USB install and the FreeNAS build was reported as expected, but not on my supposedly upgraded installation.

I would be happy to do a fresh install if there is a way to restore my original 8.0 configuration onto this fresh install.

Any ideas how to fix or get around this issue?

Thanks,

Richard.

cyboc

Cadet
I have the same issue too. I upgraded from 8.0 to 8.0.2 but "FreeNAS Build" still shows "FreeNAS-8.0-RELEASE-i386". I expected it to say "FreeNAS-8.0.2-RELEASE-i386" instead.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Sounds like there may have been a problem upgrading. Are you making sure to use a flash device at least 2GB (and that's two REAL GB, not two marketing GB)?

Status
Not open for further replies.