upgrade from freenas 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumal

Cadet
Hello Everybody

I have build a machine with freenas 8.0 two years ago... and now i would upgrade it!
I have tried to do the upgrade by the GUI interface, and i have loaded the FreeNAS-9.2.1.2-RELEASE-x64.GUI_Upgrade.txz, but if i put the address in the sha256 the system reply with this error "Invalid firmware or checksum". I think i have to upgrade the system to an older version .....
Does Someone can help me??? thank you in advantage

gpsguy

I wouldn't try to upgrade from 8.0 directly to 9.2.1.2. I'd do a fresh install of 8.3.2 on a new flash drive, auto import your drives, and restore your old (8.0) configuration file. After this is stable, look at 9.2.1.3 or possibly just 9.2.0 (while they continue to squash bugs in 9.2.1.x).

You can download 8.3.2 (and the other versions) from here: http://download.freenas.org/

doglover

Dabbler
Hi. I had the same problem. GUI upgrade doesn't work for me either. The upgrade from ISO works, however. Or you can do it like gpsguy says. Either way, good luck,
IMF

Brian Echard

Cadet
I've been able to get past the checksum multiple times. My issue with an 8.0 upgrade to 9.2.1.3 is that it doesn't change the version. There is no error message. When it's done it says the firmware upgrade as uploaded sucessfully. I've tried this numerous times and it's the same result. Rebooting does not have any effect either.

I really don't want to do an ISO upgrade. Any ideas?

D

dlavigne

I really don't want to do an ISO upgrade. Any ideas?

Why? That is a huge version bump so it is quite possible that an ISO upgrade is required.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
What's your system specs? If you are using ZFS and have less than 8GB of RAM it's pretty common for updates to fail because the update processes end up terminating because of lack of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.