Upgraded to TrueNAS 12.0-STABLE - Issues with SMB share authentication

thefinalep

Cadet
Hi All,

I'm running TrueNAS-12.0-STABLE.

I have a media share that I connect to Plex Server via a jail. It's on Default Pool/Media/

Anyways, when I add media to plex (converting my DVD's to digital/VHS tapes), I typically drag from my windows file system, into my plex media folder via SMB shares.

After the update, I started receiving errors saying I require permission from TRUENAS\username to make changes to this folder.

If I map a network drive, and try to connect with different credentials, by using "username" and entering the pw, or "TRUENAS\username" and entering the password, Windows ends up erroring out saying it cannot connect to the share. My PC is on a .150 vlan and truenas is running on .42 vlan.

Vlans are managed by a Meraki MX65 and the vlans have access to eachother. I also can navigate to the fileshare by going to windows explorer and typing in my ip (\\192.168.42.69) and can view all the contents.

It appears the SMB share is online, I just cannot interface with any of the files using windows.

I've made no network changes, the only thing that has changed is TrueNAS.

I've rebuilt ACL's on the jail and the pools. I'm kind of at a loss here as i'm new to the TrueNAS community.

I appreciate all help and advice. I can pull logs/share info too if it would help!

Thanks

thefinalep

Cadet
1623353636302.png

Here is permission over my media pool. I blocked out some personal data i had in the data set, the red marks are user account permissions assigned to the folders inside the dataset. I think maybe the fact that root has ownership might be an issue.

thefinalep

Cadet
I was able to reclaim permissions via SMB by executing the command : setfacl -m everyone@:rxaRc::allow /mnt/Default\ Pool/Media
(I know I know, but I was pulling my hair out trying to get permission to edit data sets)
Now my problem is my Plex server cannot read media files.

Will post back if I get it fixed.

thefinalep

Cadet
Maybe double-check that windows is sending the credentials you expect to be sent?
midclt call smb.status AUTH_LOG | jq
I was able to authenticate correctly once executing
Code:
setfacl -m everyone@:rxaRc::allow /mnt/Default\ Pool/Media

Now my Plex Media files are unable to be read. I'm struggling hard with permissions!