Upgrade to 9.2.1.4, snapshots error

Status
Not open for further replies.

elangley

Contributor
Hello All,

After upgrading to 9.2.1.4 from 9.2.0 the snapshots page returns, "Sorry, an error" and no snapshots are displayed. As an FYI, this is not production data, it is replicated backup data. FreeNAS is running as a VMware virtual machine on an SSD drive with 8GB of RAM.

In reading the upgrade FreeNAS page (http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Upgrading_FreeNAS®)
there is the capability to boot to the old version. However when I reboot, press F2 and then press enter the server still boots into 9.2.1.4.

Two questions;
1) With the current version how can I resolve the snapshots page error?
2) How can I boot into the old version to test if the snapshots will display?

Thanks in advance,

~eric

joeschmuck

Old Man
You have not been reading the announcements thread for 9.2.1.4, have you:) The problem has been addressed and build 9.2.1.4.1 will be on the streets hopefully this morning to fix that problem.

elangley

Contributor
Thanks Joe.

Sorry, not I did not see that. Hopefully that update will be out soon.

Any thoughts about how I can get the system to boot into 9.2.0?

This is the display on the boot screen after pressing F2;
F1 FreeBSD
F2 FreeBSD
F5 Drive 1

F6 PXE
Boot: F2
/
FreeBSD/x86 boot
Default: 0:ad(0,a)/boot/loader
boot: _

Now this screen will hang there. If I press F2 again nothing happens. If I press enter it boots into 9.2.1.4

Am I missing something?

~eric

joeschmuck

Old Man
Something else must be broken. Maybe we will end up with a version 9.2.1.4.1.1 ? Kidding of course.

elangley

Contributor
A fresh install (9.2.0) and restoring the configuration file got be back to where I was.

Next time I will be more careful to read the release threads....

It only seems to break on upgrades. I have fresh installs of 9.2.1.4 with replication enabled that work fine

Thanks for the help.

~eric

Status
Not open for further replies.