upgrade from 11.2 to 11.3

Scareh

Contributor
Hiya all,

I'm looking for some recommendations upgrading from 11.2u8 to 11.3 and/or 11.3u1.
The specs: Hp microserver Gen8 with 16Gb ram

1) jails:
I have 2 old warden jails, who if i read correctly will be deleted as warden is going to be removed when I update. Is it better to just delete the jails before updating, or can i just safely leave them be (and perhaps still use them in 11.3?). The jails are sabnzbd and nzbhydra which arn't available in iocage.

2) I've recreated most of my old warden plugins to iocage plugins in 11.2. I've read some posts about jails (mainly plex) getting corrupted during the update because of some path changes in the plugin paths. Am I going to be screwed over again and going to need to recreate the jails in 11.3? I'm currently running sonarr, transmission and plex. I would hate having to recreate sonarr and plex ;). So if at all possible i'd like to keep em.

3) after the last update to 11.2u8, i deleted old warden jails who were no longer being used (because I migrated em to iocage) and got following mail in my inbox:
New alerts:
Code:
New alerts:
* Unable to run alert source 'VolumeStatus'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py", line 64, in execute
    return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
  File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py", line 381, in execute
    execute = super().execute(query, params)
sqlite3.OperationalError: database is locked

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/alert.py", line 470, in __run_source
    alerts = (await alert_source.check()) or []
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/../alert/source/volume_status.py", line 19, in check
    for pool in await self.middleware.call("pool.query"):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1097, in call
    return await self._call(name, serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, pipes=pipes, io_thread=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1040, in _call
    return await methodobj(*args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 664, in nf
    return await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/service.py", line 278, in query
    'datastore.query', self._config.datastore, [], datastore_options
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1097, in call
    return await self._call(name, serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, pipes=pipes, io_thread=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1055, in _call
    return await run_method(methodobj, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1000, in run_in_thread
    return await async_run_in_executor(loop, executor, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/utils/asyncio_.py", line 41, in async_run_in_executor
    raise result
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/utils/asyncio_.py", line 21, in _noexec_wrapper
    return method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/datastore.py", line 175, in query
    select=options.get('select'),
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/datastore.py", line 88, in __queryset_serialize
    for i in qs:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py", line 256, in __iter__
    self._fetch_all()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py", line 1087, in _fetch_all
    self._result_cache = list(self.iterator())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py", line 54, in __iter__
    results = compiler.execute_sql()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/models/sql/compiler.py", line 835, in execute_sql
    cursor.execute(sql, params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py", line 64, in execute
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/utils.py", line 94, in __exit__
    six.reraise(dj_exc_type, dj_exc_value, traceback)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/utils/six.py", line 685, in reraise
    raise value.with_traceback(tb)
  File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py", line 381, in execute
    execute = super().execute(query, params)
django.db.utils.OperationalError: database is locked

Thanks for any advice and assistance you might be able to give!

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
The jails are sabnzbd and nzbhydra which arn't available in iocage.
Iocage is a jail manager and has nothing to do with what is available to install in them. I can only assume these are plugins?

If it were my I would look to convert your warden jails to iocage using the migration script. A forum search will point you in the right direction.