Downgrading from 11.3 to 11.2u7 - lost plugins unable to create new ones

Dariusz1989

Contributor
I'm at loss..

I lost my plugins and when I try to make new plugin or jail I get this :

Code:
Code:
Error: Displaying local fetched releases failed.
('Dataset with path not found',)

and or this

Code:
Code:
Install
('Dataset with path not found',)

Seems like my dataSet iocage or something like that is broken. How can I fix this ?

More info :

Code:
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
    r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 133, in main_worker
    res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 484, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 93, in _run
    return await self._call(name, serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 85, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 85, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 546, in list_resource
    resource_list = iocage.list("all", plugin=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 1169, in list
    quick=quick
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_list.py", line 64, in list_datasets
    iocage_lib.ioc_json.IOCJson().json_check_default_config()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_json.py", line 1924, in json_check_default_config
    self.json_write(default_props, default_json_location)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_json.py", line 431, in json_write
    if template else None
  File "libzfs.pyx", line 645, in libzfs.ZFS.get_dataset_by_path
libzfs.ZFSException: Dataset with path  not found
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 165, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1107, in call_method
    return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1052, in _call
    return await self._call_worker(name, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1072, in _call_worker
    return await self.run_in_proc(main_worker, name, args, job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 995, in run_in_proc
    return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 971, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
libzfs.ZFSException: ('Dataset with path  not found',)

Last edited:

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
iocage activate <dataset-name>

Dariusz1989

Contributor
I got ZFS pool "generalPool" successfully activated. But by going to plugins & trying to set that data set as active I still get the same error. The one with long error list in top post.

Bill McCormick

Explorer
I had this problem as well. Steps to fix:

1. Make the iocage dataset vol NOT read only
2. cd to /mnt/YOUR POOL/iocage
3. restore the defaults.json from the backup in the same dir
4. your iocage's should now list
5. cd to each jail: cd jails/JAILNAME
6. restore the config.json from the backup

Your jails should now start

Dariusz1989

Contributor
I had this problem as well. Steps to fix:

1. Make the iocage dataset vol NOT read only
2. cd to /mnt/YOUR POOL/iocage
3. restore the defaults.json from the backup in the same dir
4. your iocage's should now list
5. cd to each jail: cd jails/JAILNAME
6. restore the config.json from the backup

Your jails should now start
Woah thank you! Will try that over the weekend!

But how do I restore stuff from backup?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer

Dariusz1989

Contributor
When I try to copy/paste in windows - mapped iocage folder I just get access denied, I need permissions... but I have full per ? so not sure ... so its not easy thing.

I can see there is
config.json
config_backup.json
inside jails, but in iocage there is just defaults.json and its backup but they are both dates the same time...

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
You need to ssh to your FreeNAS and use a text editor in a terminal window to properly change those files.

I just want to thank those that helped here as the steps above from Bill McCormick worked for me.

To answer Dariusz1989, I had to go into the GUI-Storage-Pools-Your Pool Name-iocage-jails, then edit options for the jail. I clicked on Advanced Mode. there is an option to change Read Only to Off.

After that I was able to go back into my terminal (I was already SSH'd in that jail's folder under /mnt/Your Pool Name/iocage/jails/jail name and then I entered the commands:

Code:
mv config.json config_post_downgrade.json

Code:
mv config_backup.json config.json

This renames the active config.json to a backup, then renames the backup to the active file.

I went back to the GUI, to the jail in question, and started it.

Thanks for the help.