Updating plexpass plugin after 11.3 upgrade

dan3408

Dabbler
Dear lazyweb,

After upgrading to 11.3 I an trying to update my plexpass iocage plugin. Using 'Update' did not seem to work, and the plexpass plugin may have been replaced by "Plex Media Server (Beta)".

What's your advice for upgrading this plugin?
- Rebuild by installing "Plex Media Server (Beta)" and migrating ??? directories
- Try to troubleshoot the existing plugin and post the update output
- something else

Thanks lots
Dan

joebad1

Explorer
I had a bit of trouble with my PlexPass plugin after the 11.3 update. Plugin/jail was running, but the web UI would not connect to the Plex page. Diving into the jail shell, I found that Plex was not running (even though the jail was up). So there was "nothing" for the clients (Roku player or others) to connect "to".

I did try to update the Plex plugin after the 11.3 update. This may have FUBAR'd the settings. Seeing that nothing was actually running in the jail, I tried the following command lines in the jail shell:

"service plex status"
"service plexmediaserver_plexpass status"
and finally:
"service plexmediaserver status"

FreeNAS responded to the first two commands saying that "plex" and "plexmediaserver_plexpass" were both unrecognized and not in rc.d (or something similar).

However, with the third line requesting plexmediaserver status, FreeNAS responded that I should make sure it was enabled in rc.conf. Ahah!! Clue!

I found that my /etc/rc.conf showed "plexmediaserver_plexpass_enable=YES"
I changed this to "plexmediaserver_enable=YES"
Restarted the jail

Plex now runs fine.

Not sure if any of this solves your problem. Good luck.

hoserama

Dabbler
following to see if anyone comes up with a resolution. I have the same exact problem.