Updating Plex from Version 1.14.1.5488 in a 11.2 jail

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
So I was updating Plex using the script and its been so long since I stopped because something change in the version after the one Im using, the server settings were not available or something like that. Well now I have the Plex player telling me that I have to update the server now, it no longer work with My version.

So my question is whats the best way to update to the latest version?

I followed the setup guides here when iocage was introduced so the plex data is stored in its own dataset.
But can I just do an upgrade to my current jail or just create a new Plex Jail with a fresh install of plex pass and point it the the plex data?

Did you try using the pkg upgrade command e.g. pkg upgrade my_plex_jail?

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
Did you try using the pkg upgrade command e.g. pkg upgrade my_plex_jail?
No I have not tried anything yet due to the fact that I have been working out of town and don’t have a lot of time to try things and trouble shoot. I would be remotely accessing the server also. I didn’t want to try something and have it break Plex and then not have time to try and fix it so my friends and family would not be able to use it.

Alex_Patrio

Dabbler
1: jls 2: jexec 1 csh #Enter the appropriate ID jls 3: fetch -o PMS_Updater.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mstinaff/PMS_Updater/master/PMS_Updater.sh 4: chmod 755 PMS_Updater.sh 5: ./PMS_Updater.sh -vv -a

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
1: jls 2: jexec 1 csh #Enter the appropriate ID jls 3: fetch -o PMS_Updater.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mstinaff/PMS_Updater/master/PMS_Updater.sh 4: chmod 755 PMS_Updater.sh 5: ./PMS_Updater.sh -vv -a
Does this address the changes that made the server setting unavailable? If I recall it was due to files or directories being in new locations in the newer versions

Alex_Patrio

Dabbler
Does this address the changes that made the server setting unavailable? If I recall it was due to files or directories being in new locations in the newer versions
at what stage the server configuration became unavailable , formulate your question differently, I do not quite understand what you need, update PLEX or restore access to the server, I also strongly recommend storing your data on the side of the jail using mount points

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
So Here's what I did.
Created a new Jail and installed the latest version of plex_pass
created all the same mount points including the plex data
started the jail and tested that is was working properly
stopped both Plex jails
changed the old plex jails ip to an unused one (don't want to remove the jail until I know the new one is working properly)
changed the new Plex jail's ip the the old jails ip (don't have to change any existing routing rules this way)
Start the new Plex jail and test every thing out and made sure its accessible remotely
remove old jail after satisfied that there are no issues with the new jail