Update to 9.3 shows "/var/db/system - no such file or directory" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColinJack

Dabbler
After upgrading to 9.3 from 9.1 I lost the webgui although iSCSI LUNs are still available. I SSHed onto the box and found out of space errors although there was plenty of space. A spot of googling provided some help (killed and reproduced /var/log) which allowed me to access the webgui but the system is still throwing errors. I found a bug report (Bug #6656) which indicates that the solution is to do some manual tidying: "Workaround, as this is set kernel-side and not pool-size is to boot with a ZFS recovery (I use systemrescuecd-zfs) to remove or move out from the pool files enough until 95% shows (96% seems to be rounded)."

Unfortunately my limited skillset concerns me in that I risk losing data (although it is largely backed up) if I start deleting stuff.

Could somebody point me in the right direction to get out of this mess? I would rather not start from scratch if possible.

Many thanks

Colin

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You shouldn't have gone from 9.1 to 9.3. If you have a backup of your config file from 9.1 you can go back to 9.1 and then upgrade properly. The proper order would be:

9.1.0->9.1.1
9.1.1->9.2.0
9.2.0->9.2.1.9
9.2.1.9->9.3

Other than that, I got no recommendations. It's well know that jumping over major releases backfires and I tend to think that this is the result for your particular situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.